Summer Evening Walks

Summer Evening Walks
My favorite place to walk....

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

No Swimming Due To Weather



I went to the gym today planning on swimming for my cardio.....but I saw this sign when I got there. Funny, it's in the 90's, sunny, HOT, and ULTRA muggy!!! Do we only swim when it is overcast and cold?!!! Soooo, I rowed for 30 minutes, did 30 minutes of hills on the treadmill, did 30 minutes with the arm peddler thingy and than did my abs in the (empty) yoga room. As I was getting ready to leave I saw the pool was now open now that it was pouring down rain outside! Soooo, I decided I would swim some laps since I HAD brought my bag with my suit and towel! When I was signing in at the deck the lifeguards got the call that we were in T-COR 1 which means a call could come at any time to close the pool due to thunder/lightning storms. I joked with them that the call would come right after I jumped in! Well, it didn't come right after I jumped in, it came at lap 16!!! So, I got to atleast swim a little bit. The lifeguard said he felt bad stopping me because I was really kickin it in the water! I laughed and said I was trying to get in as many laps as I could before the phone call came in! He laughed and said, "Well, you atleast got to swim for almost 10 minutes" 

No comments:

Post a Comment