Summer Evening Walks

Summer Evening Walks
My favorite place to walk....

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Islands For Lunch



I got to pick where we ate for lunch and so i chose Islands!!!  One of my very favorite places to eat!!! I had the same thing i have had for over 2 decades, The Wedge.  It's a bacon, lettuce, tomatoe, avocado, and cheese sandwich and is delicious!!!  I hadn't had one in sooo long that i forgot it came with cheese and thought the waitress had brought me the wrong sandwich! Vicki wasn't hungry so she just snacked on our french fries, Ty had the chicken tenders, and Ryan and Ed both had yummy burgers.  Ryan was VERY happy having his two favorite things; a Cheeseburger with a rootbeer! Ed told the kids about the first time i took him to Islands in Oceanside on a date. He told them how i had sucked up some soda in my straw and shot it right into his unsuspecting forhead! Ryan said, "yep, Mom is always full of surprises..." Ed said, "yep....always surprises.." He still asked me to marry him knowing exactly what he was getting himself into! It was vallet parking. The boys had fun climbing a wall while we waited for our car. It was a pefect lunch at one of my favorite spots with my favorite peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment