Summer Evening Walks

Summer Evening Walks
My favorite place to walk....

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

200 Pounds 12 Years Ago!!!


12 years ago on this night I arrived at the hospital to deliver an almost 9 pound baby Ryan I was 200 pounds!!! The only time I have EVER out weighed The Dude in Cammies! I was miserable and the toxemia was not making it any easier!!! Was VERY glad to be having contractions a week before my due date and delivering a healthy baby a few hours later! It was a VERY painful delivery as Ryan had done a half turn right before it was time to make his entrance! In the ultrasound taken just prior to delivery it showed his head down and ready to go with the cutest expression on his face! I had this horribly painful contraction which must have been his half turn because when it was time to make his entrance he was coming out behind first and his Doctor had to turn him! I'm not sure what hurt worse.....the needle poking a trail along the birth canal to numb me prior to turning Ryan or seeing Ed's face as he watched me getting shots there. I thought he was going to pass out and he wasn't even feeling the ouchy pinchy needle pokes!!! It was a wonderful relief to get that baby out of me and by the time I left the hospital I had dropped almost 30 pounds!!! I was retaining sooo much fluid it hurt to bend my fingers!!!! I can't believe that was 12 years ago! 9/11 hadn't even happened yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment